Friday 11 October 2013

Meet Pilot Paul

Captain Paul Midwinter is Helitrip's Senior Commercial Pilot and a qualified helicopter flight instructor. He has 11 years’ experience flying corporate, leisure and VIP passengers. We’ve put him under the spotlight:

Describe yourself in 3 words:
Reliable, Determined, Decisive.

Which helicopters can you pilot?
The Twin-engine AS355, B206 JetRanger, Robinson R44 and the Robinson R22 training helicopter.

What is your favourite helicopter? 
The Bell 206 JetRanger because it is an iconic helicopter which is both practical and reliable.

What is the best part of your job?
Apart from the great view out my "office" window, the best part of my job is getting to meet some amazing people.

Where is the most spectacular place you have seen by helicopter?
I have seen some amazing places from the air including Buckingham Palace, Loch Ness and Mount Snowdon, but one of the most spectacular things I have seen by helicopter is a rainbow from above.

What has been your most unusual flight job?
I’m lucky enough to have flown many interesting people and celebrities. Two of my most memorable flights include flying Chase the Labrador puppy to Scotland and transporting a human heart into the Birmingham’s Queen Elizabeth Hospital for a priority transplant.

Describe your perfect weekend.
My perfect weekend would have to be action packed and warm! So give me a combination of sunshine and adventure and you'd be getting close to my perfect weekend. If I could take the family too, that would be the cherry on top of the cake!

Which three famous people (dead or alive) would you invite around for a dinner party?
- Dynamo the magician: Not only is he a really down to earth, humble guy he'd provide great party entertainment!
- The dynamic Brian Blessed to indulge a piece of childhood nostalgia. I couldn't resist the opportunity to meet the great from Flash Gordon.
- Amelia Earhart. No party is complete without a pioneering aviator.
What would be your desert island luxury item?
One thing I'd like to take with me would be my tropical fish tank because I never get bored of watching these fascinating little creatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment